using related tables

Topics: UI Framework
Jan 18, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Hi,

I have downloaded RapidWebDev and I tried to create some sample tables. When I need to create tables with related tables as lookup tables, how to do it?

Is there possibility to show value from related table in grid?

Is it possible to use query view with detail view when I have to many values in look-up table?

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2010 at 8:52 AM
Edited Jan 26, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Take a look at \\Web\Spring\DynamicPage\Membership\UserManagement.dp.xml. The UserManagement.dp.xml is used to manage users. You will find some field names like "Member.IsApproved", "Membership.MobilePIN". Actually Membership is a lookup table referenced on the entity User. You can get the data model about Member and User at \\Platform\Linq\MembershipDataContext.dbml.

So, for you questions,

Question #1

YES.

Question #2

It depends on what type of detail view you need to display for each main record. The dynamic page grid allows a view fragment under each row seeing a fragment of dynamic page configuration as below. You can configure a Summary field into the row view which used to display preview information for details of the main record. And in the method Query of IDynamicPage implementation, you can dynamic assembly information for this field using C# 3.0 anonymous object.

<RowView FieldName="Summary" />

IEnumerable<UserObject> userObjects = membershipApi.FindUsers(...);
return new QueryResults(recordCount, userObjects.Select(user=>new 
	{
		UserId = user.UserId,
		UserName = user.UserName,
		Summary = "Any Customization Text"
	}));