Using Subversion

Topics: File Management, Platform
Apr 6, 2010 at 4:16 AM

Hi

Do you think you can use Subversion as back end file management and versioning system

while the front end manages the UI, workflow and catagorisation etc.

Ajay

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2010 at 11:52 AM
Interesting. I think the current file head data table is important which can be used for purpose of analysis and Statistics. But for your question, there is a file storage API (IFileStorageApi) to write/read physical file stream. Maybe you can implement another class to write/read file stream against SubVersion so that we can get the file versioning without adding more data tables. And you're welcome to share the implementation with us then it would be released in the later version of RapidWebDev.
Apr 7, 2010 at 2:12 AM
Hi
I would love to but unfortunately I am not a developer but only a user looking for a Document Management System using SVN.
I feel the file storage and automatic versioning provided by SVN is great and there is no need to re-invent the wheel.
Head table would be needed anyway to generate statistics and other meta data.
Not sure what is your road map.

Best Regards,
Ajay Wazir

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 06-April-2010 18:53
To: ajaywazir@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Using Subversion [rapidwebdev:208402]

Interesting. I think the current file head data table is important which can be used for purpose of analysis and Statistics. But for your question, there is a file storage API (IFileStorageApi) to write/read physical file stream. Maybe you can implement another class to write/read file stream against SubVersion so that we can get the file versioning without adding more data tables. And you're welcome to share the implementation with us then it would be released in the later version of RapidWebDev.
Coordinator
Apr 7, 2010 at 4:08 AM

Nice to know your requirement. Actually we have planned a SaaS enterprise content management system with versioning that the beta version would be released in Q3 2010. I think it can satisfy your requirement on document management. The rough specification is seen at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_content_management.