That's really a good project

Topics: Common Library
Jan 6, 2010 at 4:03 PM

but more attention is required.

just two questions:

1.Why extjs ? As I know ,it's so slow.

2.According to your framework,most job depends on js, so I think it may be hard to maintan the projects.

Coordinator
Jan 7, 2010 at 9:51 AM

It's glad to get this first discussion.

1) ExtJs is the best JS library to build rich client application on browser from my pointview as I had experience on YUI, jquery and prototype before. When the user first launch the web application, it's a bit slow on loading ExtJS files to their local really but they're cached on the client then. So you don't worry about the ExtJS library loading. Besides, the UI rendering performance of ExtJS looks pretty good actually in our practice. I heard that there are many complains in internet on ExtJS performance but it's not absolute. It depends what and how developers use ExtJS.

2) Sure,we have a lot of js files to control/render UI but we don't think it's hard to maintain. Reversely, we think if someone wants to improve user experience of web projects, JS is the only choice even better than Sliverlight and Flex. JavaScript is a virtual OOP languagne. The maintainence of a project with a bunch of JS depends on the developers but we cannot claim that JS leads the projects to be poor maintainable. And we know that there are many developers far away to JS. This is also the reason why we contribute RapidWeb UI infrastructure in the solution which helps developers building AJAX driven high performance, maintainable and stable web applications without touching them. Generally, we're self-confident to control things in matter of JS. You don't need to worry about that. :-)

Jan 7, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Ha,really an intertsting project,I'll follow it up.

Jan 15, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Very nice work! As one of the fans of ExtJs, I like your project! Definitely will try it out!