Hi, I've upgraded the Project to .NET 4

Topics: Common Library, Extension Model, File Management, Platform, UI Framework
Oct 19, 2012 at 1:04 AM
Edited Oct 20, 2012 at 8:04 AM

I upgraded this project to use the .NET 4.0 framework.

I upgraded to use the latest version of Spring, Common.Logging and Common.Logging.Log4net and the .NET 4 framework. That was neccessary as the Spring assembly referenced in the framework 3.5 project was not compatible with 4.0 framework. Once spring is updated then the Common.Logging needs to be upgraded as well since the latest Spring version references the ewer version.

I will figure out where to upload the converted project.

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Edited Oct 20, 2012 at 8:04 AM

The one problem I have found now after upgrading is that in CredentiallInstaller.cs the EncodePasswordMethodInfo will come back as null and throw an exception. The SqlMemebershipProvider in .NET 4 doesn't appear to have the EncodePassword method anymore.

private static string EncodePassword(string password, string passwordSalt)
		{
			Type MembershipProviderType = AspNetMembership.Provider.GetType();
			MethodInfo EncodePasswordMethodInfo = MembershipProviderType.GetMethod("EncodePassword", BindingFlags.NonPublic | BindingFlags.Instance, null, new Type[] { typeof(string), typeof(int), typeof(string) }, null);
			return EncodePasswordMethodInfo.Invoke(AspNetMembership.Provider, new object[] { password, (int)AspNetMembership.Provider.PasswordFormat, passwordSalt }) as string;
		}