Custom Panel?

Jun 6, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Hi eunge,

Currently in the dynamic page xml, I can specify QueryPanel, ButtonPanel and GridViewPanel, plus DetailPanel and AggregatePanel in a pop-up.  Is it possible to develop custom panels?  For example, can I develop a master-detail page where when I select a row in the grid, the bottom half will display the details (instead of a pop-up)?  Something like this:

<Panels>

<ButtonPanel />

<GridViewPanel />

<MyCustomPanel />

</Panels>

Thanks,

Harold

Coordinator
Jun 7, 2010 at 3:58 AM

Sure it's possible but a bit hard. You have to refactor the background JS code to support master-detail page.

I have a suggestion for the case is that you can only render a detail record number in a column or some description in the row-view of master page. When a user clicks add, edit or view button for a master record, in detail panel you can redirect the detail panel page to another dynamic page or set a iframe in detail panel ASCX template to link another dynamic page (detail panel). Does that make sense to you?

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:09 AM
Ok.  Thanks eunge!

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 8:58 PM, eungeliu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Sure it's possible but a bit hard. You have to refactor the background JS code to support master-detail page.

I have a suggestion for the case is that you can only render a detail record number in a column or some description in the row-view of master page. When a user clicks add, edit or view button for a master record, in detail panel you can redirect the detail panel page to another dynamic page or set a iframe in detail panel ASCX template to link another dynamic page (detail panel). Does that make sense to you?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (rapidwebdev@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email rapidwebdev@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com